Take Your Simulation Program to the Next Level
Over the past decade, the Center for Medical Simulation (CMS) has worked closely with a select group of international healthcare organizations committed to developing the full potential of their simulation programs. These organizations are referred to as Affiliates of the Center for Medical Simulation. A CMS affiliation goes beyond traditional consulting. It is a planned multi-year relationship whereby the Affiliate organization is given unique access to the skills, advice and experience of the CMS team comprised of international leaders in the field of simulation — a field that CMS’ pioneering faculty helped to develop and grow worldwide. Affiliates have CMS’ full commitment to help them become a true “Simulation Center of Excellence.”
Over its more than 20 years of existence, CMS has come to enjoy an international reputation as a creative, energetic and agile institution. CMS is interested in leveraging leading edge, breakthrough ideas and practices by partnering with other forward-thinking institutions. The Affiliate Program was created to meet these goals and to further CMS’ mission of improving patient safety, quality and education in healthcare throughout the world.
The Affiliate Program is tailored to the individual needs of each Affiliate organization. CMS is interested in attracting and selecting Affiliates who want to achieve superior clinical education programs, enhanced patient safety and have a strong desire to promote the type of work environment where the ideas and efforts of its faculty and staff are valued and respected.
CMS is looking to leverage its experience and expertise with organizations that desire to have a large regional or national impact on patient safety and healthcare education. Organizations that join the Affiliate Program must be willing to commit the time (at least three years, with preference given to five years) and resources required to create a simulation program that will have a significant and widespread impact.
CMS spends substantial time and resources helping Affiliates become a “Simulation Center of Excellence“. Together, we will develop a strategic vision and we will provide the necessary insights to execute that vision. CMS will help you:
- Start and energize research programs
- Develop the ability to run engaging simulation courses
- Assist with governance issues
- Institute a faculty development program to groom outstanding educators
- Undertake other cooperative projects as mutually decided
As an Affiliate you will receive:
- Strategic planning assistance
- Access to CMS faculty and staff
- Access to observe CMS Clinical Courses
- Access to CMS Clinical Course material for local tailoring
- Use of Simulation Instructor/Faculty development course material
- Faculty development assistance
- Direct one-on-one consulting services
- Preferential Clinical and Instructor Course access
- Fellowships at CMS
To find out more about how you can take your Simulation Program to the next level contact: