Water taxis (small boats) are a quick way to get to Boston’s Logan Airport (BOS), Long Wharf and Rowes Wharf in downtown Boston and the Charlestown Navy Yard. Trips between most water taxi docks are about $15 per passenger.
Trips can be booked by calling Boston Water Taxi at 617-406-8584 or Boston Harbor City Cruises at 617-227-4320. Some services allow you to make reservations ahead of time or you can call about 15-20 minutes before you are at the pickup point to schedule a ride. Unlike traditional taxis and ride-hail or rideshare services, water taxis often operate during limited hours. Please call or visit their websites to verify current rates and availability.
Water taxi service has two stops within a few blocks of CMS. The closest stop to CMS is at the Charlestown Navy Yard Ferry Terminal, Pier 4 — the pier next to the USS Constitution Museum. The Logan Water Taxi Dock is the stop serving Boston’s Logan Airport (BOS).
Massport, runs a free courtesy shuttle bus (Route 66) to and from the Logan Water Taxi Dock and all airport terminals. This route generally runs every 5-6 minutes.
Trip time between Pier 4 and Logan Dock is usually 10-15 minutes on the water; however, we recommend budgeting 1 hour to get between CMS and Boston’s Logan Airport (BOS) to account for walking to the docks and transit time on the Route 66 shuttle.
Walking Directions to the CNY Ferry Terminal, Pier 4 from CMS
- Out of the elevators, turn right to exit on 1st Avenue.
- Cross 1st Avenue and turn slightly left to enter 8th Street.
- Walk about a block (past park on right) towards Flagship Way Avenue
- Turn right onto Flagship Way Avenue
- Walk along Flagship Way Avenue towards the water.
- At the end of the Flagship Way Avenue is a rotary. Keep left and follow signs toward the CNY ferry terminal
Total walking distance = 0.2 miles.
View walking directions from CNY Ferry Terminal, Pier 4 to CMS in a larger map