Simulation Instructor Training: Comprehensive Instructor Workshop
This intensive immersion in healthcare simulation is led by experienced simulation educators and covers all high-level elements and concepts involved in running a simulation program. Attendees join a growing community of Institute for Medical Simulation (IMS) graduates who are positioned as leaders in the field. Daily formats vary and include simulation scenarios, lectures, small and large group discussions, case studies, and practical exercises with feedback.
- Patient simulation: history and context
- Operating a simulation program
- Creating a challenging and safe learning environment
- Teaching clinical thinking and skills
- Teaching teamwork and crisis resource management
- Developing debriefing skills
- Preparing, building, conducting and debriefing realistic simulation scenarios
- Avoiding simulation pitfalls and ineffective debriefing techniques
- Introducing behavioral and educational research paradigms
- Advancing simulation within one’s institution
Learn more about the Comprehensive Instructor Workshop
Course is Full.
Closed to further applications.