The Center for Medical Simulation (CMS) and the MGH Institute of Health Professions (IHP) are pleased to announce that our CMS Nurse Educator Scholarships have been awarded for our 2016 and 2017 Comprehensive Instructor Workshops.
These ten $2500 partial tuition scholarships were made available through the generosity of an anonymous nurse donor who seeks to improve the ways that simulation is used in nursing education.
The scholarships were awarded to five teams of two nursing educators from healthcare organizations and education programs using or seeking to use simulation in their nurse training curricula.
The winners of the ten scholarships for 2016 and 2017 are:
- Lori Mooney and Ann Felauer from the University of Maryland School of Nursing in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Helen Catena and Jenny Chatfield from the Alberta Children’s Hospital in Alberta, Canada.
- Joanne Dunderdale and Carol Kostovich from the Loyola University Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing in Chicago, Illinois.
- Melissa Jarvill and Seon-Yoon Chung from Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois.
- Nichole Kelsey and Maureen Washock from the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.
We welcome these five nursing teams to our Comprehensive Instructor Workshops and looks forward to seeing them at CMS in Boston in 2016 and 2017.