Teaching and Learning Certificate with a Concentration in Healthcare Simulation
The Center for Interprofessional Studies and Education at the MGH Institute for Health Professions has developed a program that enables IMS graduates to further their simulation teaching expertise by earning a Teaching and Learning Certificate with a Concentration in Healthcare Simulation. This Certificate Program is specially designed to deliver state-of-the-art training for health care educators across specialties and disciplines while focusing on the use of simulation in healthcare education.
The Simulation Concentration is designed to streamline access to the MGH Institute Certificate by offering credits by petition to graduates of the Center for Medical Simulation’s IMS Comprehensive Course and the Harvard Macy Institute Program for Educators in Health Professions course . All three Institutes cater to interprofessional health educators across the spectrum of disciplines.
Streamlined requirements… Participants who have completed the following course sequence will be eligible for an MGH Institute Teaching and Learning Certificate of Completion:
Certificate of Completion Courses:
- HP 712: Foundations of Teaching and Learning Theories
- Harvard Macy Institute Educators in Health Professions Course alumni may petition for credit
- Institute for Medical Simulation Comprehensive Course (REQUIRED)
- The 5-day Comprehensive Instructor course is REQUIRED in lieu of HP 713: Course Design and Measurement of Learning Outcomes
- HP 714: Teaching Practicum
- Mentorship by an education expert
- Can be arranged in a location convenient to the participant’s place of work
- Seminars with course faculty are available by web conferencing
The Simulation Concentration at the MGH Institute of Health Professions Teaching and Learning Certificate Program is designed to articulate seamlessly from the Certificate of Completion (9 credits), through the Certificate of Advanced Studies (15 credits), and beyond.