Please join us on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 5:30 pm for the next Boston Simulation Community Research and Education Meeting. The meeting will be held in room 247 at the Carl J. Shapiro Clinical Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston 02215. The meeting is being hosted by John Pawlowski and Laura Rock from the Shapiro Simulation and Skills Center. http://www.bidmc.org/Patient-and-Visitor-Information/Getting-Here/Getting-to-the-Medical-Center-by-Car.aspx
Jenny Rudolph PhD
Center for Medical Simulation, Boston, MA
Using the DASH to Guide Peer and Mentor Feedback on Debriefing
Summary: Simulation educators can quickly and efficiently strengthen their debriefing skills by providing peer or mentor feedback on debriefing. This interactive session introduces the Debriefing Assessment for Simulation in Healthcare (DASH) as a way to understand the elements of good debriefing and structure feedback to debriefers. Participants will observe examples of debriefing, practice giving feedback to debriefers and receive feedback on their feedback.
- January 14, 2014: Preview and peer feedback on Society for Simulation in Healthcare presentations location TBA.
- February 11, 2014: @ STRATUS, Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Host: Chuck Pozner. Topic TBA.
- March 11, 2014: CIMIT Boston Consortium Quarterly Meeting location TBA.
- April 8, 2014: @ MGH Learning Lab Host: Jim Gordon. Topic TBA.
- May 13, 2014: @ MGH Institute for Health Professions—Preparing Physical Therapy, Nursing, and Communication Science and Disorders Students for an Interprofessional Clinical Experience Using Simulation Meredith, Meredith O’Dea, Caitlin Fitzgerald, Trish Zeytoonjian. Host: Deb Navedo.
- June 10, 2014: @ Boston Children’s Hospital Simulator Program. Hosts: Peter Weinstock and Catherine Allan. Topic TBA.
- July 8, 2014: CIMIT Boston Consortium Quarterly Meeting location TBA